Feed: Justin Hutzley - Insights
Posted on: Thursday, July 03, 2008 9:07 AM
Author: Justin Hutzley
Subject: Oakland Zoo
| B-school has been over for a couple of months and now will be a good time to rejuvenate my web presence by writing a blog entry. I have met many great people in my job and I am glad to hear from old friends. It has been amazing drawing from my MBA experience now that I am in my new job. It really was a great foundation for the miles of work in which I now find myself. I have a four-day holiday weekend and took a family trip to the Oakland Zoo today. It was a rather short but fun trip. We got into the Zoo and started past the monkeys, snakes, etc. They have a Children's Zoo area and we went there next. Part of the children's area has a series of lily pads that children use to cross from one side of a small pond to the opposite side. There were many children crossing the pond. I was standing back from the pond watching my son, while my wife was snapping up photos on the other side. After Danny crossed over several times on the lily pads, he began to be more confident in moving from lily pad to lily pad. Suddenly he was in the water racing across the pond, past the sign that warned, "No wading in the pond" and he climbed up on to another lily pad that was apparently more decorative than practical. Now upon a lone lily pad in the middle of the pond Danny was soaking wet. Some of the other kids observed him and encouraged him to come back across. Daniel just stood there and was not sure how to handle to situation. I took of my shoes and waded in to remove him from the lonely lily pad that he could not escape. Often leaps we make from one path to another, sometimes we get wet, and from time to time we need a little assistance. I am thankful for all my friends in the MBA program who help me make it across the finance, operations, marketing, human resources, and accounting waters the last two years and I am already finding that type of support as I am now learning to leap in a new company, industry, and job. Best, Justin Hutzley |
No comments:
Post a Comment